Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday Red, White & Blue Challenge

The Crazy About Cricut Design Team was asked
to make a project using Red, White & Blue.
Since 4th of july was just a few days ago I made
a 4th of july card with lots of sparkle. I have
seen lots of medallions for sale at Michael's
and Jo Ann's lately so, I thought why not try
to make my own. It was so easy to make.

I took 2 strips of 11 x 1/2 inch paper and folded
them in an accordion style. After the paper was
folded I glued the 2 strips to form a circle. When
they are glued, lay the paper down and form a flat
circle. I then cut a 2 inch circle and put lots of
glue on it, then I layered the accordion circle on
top to hold it flat down. At this point you can
decorate the top how ever you want. I chose to
add a bigger circle with lots of sparkle to the back
to give it a pop of color. The star is from the new
E2 downloaded cart called Cricut Essentials.
The star was cut at 3 inches.

Leave me a comment if you want me to give you
step by step instructions on how to make
these medallions.

I hope you enjoyed my Red, White & Blue card.

Sweet Wishes, Sharon


  1. Beautiful card. I have made a few of the medallions, but I seem to have trouble getting the initial laydown after i have done all the folds. Do share. Hoping maybe you can show me a better way. Thanks.. Love your card. Fourth of July has to be my favorite Holiday. If I had my whole house would be decorated in a patriotic theme. 75% of the year. The other 25% would have to be Christmas.

  2. Your cards are awesome. I am not a paper crafter myself, but love oogling over a good card. It seems like more fun when the card your giving actually pops off the page.

  3. I'm running so far behind! Sorry! This card is wonderful Sharon! I LOVE the dimension on it! You did an awesome job with the R, W & B challenge!