Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Since today is Wednesday, it is Would You
Ever Guess it Wednesday over at My Cricut
Craft Room.  I would love for you to take a
look at my Design Team Sisters projects
for today.  Please go to:

For my project today I made this fun
Valentine card.


I took a pre made 5X7 white card and added
a 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 piece of valentine paper.  I found
this paper at Target in their dollar section.  It came
with 12 different sheets of valentine paper.  The 
rosette is 2 pieces of 1 3/4 X 12" long white card
stock.  I used one of Martha Stewart's paper punches
and punched the edge.  I think this punch was called
lace.  After the edges are punched I chalked the lacy
edge with red chalk.  Then folding back and forth at 
each dip in the lace pattern.  When you have both
folded, glue them together to form a circle. Turn the
circle upside down. Cut out a 1 1/2" circle and add
hot glue to it. When you have your folded circle 
try to turn the sides out to form a flat circle then 
add the hot glued circle to the back. 


Now that the hard part is over on to the decorating
of the rest of the card.  I tucked the ribbon under the
red paper and added a bow to it with glue dots. The 
Heart is from the Sweet Treats cartridge found on 
page 25 and is one of the layers for the candle.
The "14" is from the Cindy Loo cartridge.  The 1 
can be found on page 28 as the font feature. And 
the 4 can be found on page 31 as the font feature.
I cut the heart out at 2" and the numbers at 1 1/4".
And of course you need to add a little Bling to 
every Valentine Day card.


I really LOVE how this card turned out. I am 
planning on sending it to someone special for 
Valentines Day. I hope you enjoyed my project
for today don't forget to come back soon for my
fun paper crafts and inspiration.

Sweet Wishes~Sharon

14 comments:

  1. cute feature - it's a fav! love your card and bling! -dt sis Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rosette and how you inked the edges. Pretty card!
    Your DT sister
    Tracy
    http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute I love the rosette, it adds dimension to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta love those rosettes LOL beautiful when they're done but what a pain making them this is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I love making rosettes...they just make such an impact on the card!

    Laura DT Sis :)
    http://www.laurascraftsandmore.com/
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sharon! I love how it turned out too!! Gonna pin it... hope you dont mind!!

    DT Sis, Shelly Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card, wish I had some border punches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!

    DT sis, Tiffany ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! I'm going to have to look at Target next time I am there for that paper! love it! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card!

    http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute Sharon! Love the rosette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Sharon. How do you get your bow so perfect!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am impressed that you used 4 carts on one card. They go together so well.
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete