Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 9th &10th 2011


My brother and dad were in a Chump Car
race last weekend here in Portland, Or.
If you don't know what a Chump Car is
then let me tell you. A Chump Car can't
cost more than $500 and that is not how
much you paid for it. That is the total cost
of everything in the car. Except for safety
equipment. Well, now to explain why I
started this posting. My brother was trying
to figure out how they were going to put the
numbers on the car so, what would be better
to use than my Cricut!! My brother borrowed
my E and used the 12X24 mat to cut them out
at 23 1/2 inches. He couldn't find any vinyl
that he could get at the last minute. So, he
ended up using contact paper. Which worked
out GREAT and held up through the entire race
(and it even rained one of the race days). Here
are a couple of pictures of the numbers on the
race car.




My dad is in the black race suit and
my brother is in the white race suit.


They finished 9th the fist day and
7th on the second day. (out of 60 cars)
I think they did a great job since this
is a new car and a new team. Their
next race is in July in WA.


No comments:

Post a Comment