Thursday, May 31, 2012

Welcome to the It's a Wrap Birthday Blog Hop
featuring the Thankful Thursday Design Team.
Hopefully you just came from the talented Kim.
If not please head on over to see our hop hostess
Jenny so you can start from the beginning. I wouldn't
want you to miss out on the fantastic project for today.



In my family we don't have any birthdays until August
but, we do have an 8th grade graduation in 2 weeks.
My daughter Michaela will be off to High School next
year and I decided to make a special box for her gift.
I can't say what she will be getting because she reads
my blog but, trust me she is going to love it. 


To make this box I cut out 2 circles at 3 inches and 
2 circles out at 3 1/4 inches. The sides are 2 strips of
3 x 12 inch paper that I scored at 1 inch. After you 
fold the scored side up cut slits about 1/4 inch wide 
in the 1 inch section. Then take one of the circle and
add your favorite adhesive to the out side of the circle.
Roll up the strips to make them more flexible. The 
strips are then added to the outside of the circle until 
it meets the other end. Glue the other circle inside the
to hide the slits.  Now repeat for the other sided of the
box. For the top I cut a 5 inch square and glued it to
the 3 1/4 inch circle.  The numbers are cut at 1 1/2 
inches. I decided that they were to simple so, I decided
to add some super fine glitter.  Now I know why I never
use glitter.  It is EVERY WHERE. But, I do have to 
say it does look pretty. I then pop dotted the numbers 
for lift. I made a simple tassel with embody floss. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing my Graduation box for 
todays hop. Now please head on over to our Guest
Designer Candace to see the wonderful project 
she has made for todays hop. 

Here is the hop line up in case you get lost along the way:

(Guest Designer) Kim- www.rickettscricuts.blogspot.com
(Guest Designer) Candace ~ http://papercraftsbycandace.blogspot.com/
(Guest Designer) Jamie ~ http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/



Sweet Wishes ~ Sharon ~

12 comments:

  1. OMG!! How creative!!! LOVE this idea toots!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect idea for this time of year. I love it! I can see where this could be used to create some pretty "Easter bonnets," too. Just add half a styrofoam ball to the top and paint/decorate it. I need to remember this one! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Too cool for school! These would make great graduation good bags!

    Love it!
    ~Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous - what a wonderful idea. My daughter graduates grade8 too. Don't they grow up quick. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome box... love that you put the year on the top. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I am going to have to save this one for next year when all three of my boys are graduating. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute LOve the purple glitter !!! my fav color ♥

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute idea...will have to remember this one for next year!!!!!
    massey1982@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing how to make them!! I loved being a part of the hop!

    ~Kim
    www.puppiesandpapercrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your wonderful grad hat box. I bet your daughter will love it.
    dmcardmaker (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute. Great gift idea.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for the grad! TFS!

    ReplyDelete