Wednesday, June 13, 2012

For today's challenge I decided to combine the 2 themes 
and make a card with Shiny Elements and Would You
 Ever Guess Wednesday.  (For WYEGW you have to use 
a Cricut cut that is not a main cut.) 

As you know from my last posting my daughter Michaela 
is leaving Middle School and is on to High School. In our 
School District we only have one High School and it is 
HUGE.  The graduating class this year is around 650. I 
am a little nervous for her but, I know her and she will fit 
is just fine. My daughter is no wall flower and fits right into 
any situation. Since she is not actually graduating I decided 
not to use the "Congratulations Graduate"words that can be 
found on some cartridges. 
For this card I used 3 Cricut cartridges. The card base was cut from 
the Art Philosophy Cricut cart by Close to My Heart. I used the fit 
to page button with a 12 X 12 piece of DCWV paper. This cut can
 be found on page 54. It ends up being 5 1/2 X 9 inches. The 2012
 also came from the Art Philosophy cartridge and was cut using the
Font and Font layer buttons.  I love the little holes that are cut in the
numbers because it makes a perfect place to add some stickles for a 
little extra bling. The 2012 were cut out 2 times with each button at 
1 1/2 inches. The background paper is cut at 7 3/4 X 4 1/2 inches.
  I used some of my scrap paper but, I know this was from an old 
Colorbok stack. 

The second cartridge I used was Wrap it Up for the cap. You can find
 the cap on page 67. I cut each layer out 3 times at 2 inches. (That 
may seem small but the size is not by length but hight) I then
 glued each layer together to give it thickness. 

The last cartridge used is 3 Birds on Parade.  I know funny hun.. a 
cartridge that is all about really cute birds. How can that be used on 
a graduation card?  Well since I didn't actually want "Congratulations 
Graduate" this cartridge has "Way to Go" and I thought "how perfect"
You can find the "Way to Go" cut on page 51 in the phrase section.
I cut it out at 2 inches 2 times for each layer. Once again for 
thickness. I love to have my elements on my cards be thick 
and popped up with a little bit of sparkle. 
As you can see in my second picture I pop dotted all of the cuts to 
give them the lift they need to stand out. After everything was stuck
down in just the right places I added little dots of Crystal colored 
Stickles.  Doesn't that give the card a little extra something. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing my "Way to Go" card today. Now I 
invite you to go over to My Cricut Craft Room and see what other
wonderful projects my Design Team Sisters have created for todays
challenge.  I love to give away Blog Candy!!  So, for today I will be
choosing ONE special person to receive a surprise Blog Candy prize
from me.  Please let me a comment with your contact information 
and one way you think I could make my card better.  I will be
choosing the winner on June 13th (Which is Michaela's special day)

Have a fantastic Wednesday!!


Sweet Wishes ~Sharon~


14 comments:

  1. I love this card and its great as it is. Maybe though to add a little blue ink around the edges of the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card, very cute


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    Your card is so cute just the way it is!! I love the colors your chose and the added sparkle. The only thing I might add is some ribbon at the top, but it does not really need it!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    salido99@msn.com
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Great job on combining the assignments!
    Miranda
    MCCR DT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! love the simplicity :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Sharon and can't believe there are 650 kids in the graduating class, wow. The only thing I might do is to add another mat layer behind the patterned layer.You might try it in yellow to pull the pattern paper out more and to tie in with the tassel. Just a thought. TFS~Mary
    mmontecalvo at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card, I love the background & the shape of the card.

    MCCR Dt, LIsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the design.
    DT Sis
    Bunnyfreak
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute card!
    Lisa
    MCCR DT
    http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet! New to the MCCR DT stopping by for a visit. Come by and get you some puddin n pie.
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/07/news-day-tuesday-7-10-12.html

    ReplyDelete